Saturday, January 10, 2015

Work Wardrobe: My Go To Websites

I vowed that in 2015 I would jazz up my work wardrobe and start chronicling it on my site. As of right now I concentrate way more monotone outfits. I honestly feel you cannot go wrong with all black, nude, or white (even though this color may be a little challenging with pens and highlighters around).  I wanted to give you a quick run down of where I shop for my 9-5.

  • Old Navy/Gap- I named these sister companies first because I always flock to these two before anywhere else. I purchase my favorite work pants from Old Navy. Let me introduce you to Pixie Pant. These come in a long and short version and I have them in almost every color and length. Believe me when I tell you that you CANNOT go wrong with these. Whether you pair these with a button down shirt, a blouse, sweater, tee shirt and duster. You can also transition this into weekend and date nights! The pair show below are the Ankle Pixie Pant
  • New York and Company- I used to walk past this store like the plague was being sold in it! But one day a lady sneezed on me on my way to work and it was the only place that was open. It has now become one of my favorite stores. There are ways not to look like the mannequin in their store window. One way is mix and match their pieces! I have gotten cute dresses, quality suit pants and jackets from NY&Co. I actually have a really cute peplum blazer I purchased in 2012 from NY&Co. Hopefully, I will have a blog post where it is featured. One of my recent purchases from NY&Co. was their Zebra Print Coatigan . The Coatigan is so comfortable and can be dressed up for work or dressed down for running errands. 
  • Forever 21- ROCK FOREVER 21 but just turned 30 (in my Kanye voice)- Yes this is one of my go to's! Why? Because they are affordable and have excellent shipping! LOL I get a lot of seasonal sweaters from them. Cute basic simple sweaters! I do not purchase any pants or jeans from them because they fit very awkward-in my opinion. Perfect example of something I might order for work is the Shawl Collar Cardigan . I would probably order it in black. 

  • ASOS- To me ASOS has the best coat/jacket collection of all of the websites I have listed. I can find any style I am looking for and with their express shipping I have it in 2 business days. My only caution would be to make sure you are choosing the US sizing and not UK. I got caught up once and ordered something when it came it looked like my little cousins jacket. :-( You live and learn and make sure you read before you buy. 
  • I really have no website for shoes because I shop wherever for those. Anywhere from Anne Klein, Fendi, Christian Louboutin, and Zara. I am not choosey! 
I usually go shopping at the beginning of the new year for new basics. Once I do I will post them. Then start adding to jazz these pieces up!! 

Signing off-

Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment