Thursday, January 22, 2015

Let's Talk: Work Gear

Ladies let's talk about being suited and booted for work. Believe me I know it's easy to fall into the average weird bell-bottom  wide leg work pants and a button down and sweater (of course because your office is chilly).  I was a victim of that for a couple of years ( I am not scared to admit that). Then one of my closest friends said to me "Crystal, you are impeccable outside of work but not at work! You throw stuff on, barely put on makeup and throw your hair back into a ponytail"


Now again it took a couple of months (almost close to a year) to care or let those words sink in but when it did my work life changed!!! I started putting as much thought into what I was going to wear out to a function into what I was going to wear to work and I almost instantly got promoted. I am not joking! 

Let's really think about it. Why wouldn't you want to look your best at a place that you are at for most of your day! You are with your coworkers more than you are with your loved ones. I totally understand if you work somewhere where uniform is required but by no means does that mean you need to look disheveled.


I think, like most people, I thought work attire needed to be boring and all the same. Boy, was I wrong! I can shop almost anywhere and come up with amazing finds. Matter of fact, most of the things I pick up I think about work first before I think about anything else. 

Ladies just change the way you are looking at work attire and I promise you people will take notice and look at you differently. You ever think to yourself "I work so hard but get overpassed"? It just might be you what you wear and how you wear it!


Signing off-

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment